Why join the Backswath Team?
You want to join the leading independent provider of farm business and agribusiness management consulting services in Canada. Boasting a strong presence in the Prairies, we are building a multi-disciplinary team to serve our clients through a national network of experts. We provide leading edge management consulting services to the farm and agribusiness industries.
What are we doing to set ourselves apart?
Our farm and agribusiness consultants and support team continue to develop their expert knowledge in agriculture, processes, and consulting tools and technology. We ask that they demonstrate this expertise by achieving designation and certification in their areas of expertise. For example:
- Certified Management Consultants
- Professional Agrologists
- CPA, CMA
- Professional Bookkeepers
Perks and Benefits
- Health and Wellness – Your health and well-being are important to us. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage, as well as life insurance benefits, disability benefits and optional critical illness. A full-service, bilingual (French/English) employee and family assistance program is also available. In addition, each employee has one personal day per quarter to use at their discretion, no questions asked.
- Work Life Balance – Consulting presents unique work life balance opportunities. We offer each employee a minimum of three-weeks vacation within the first year of employment. Employees can enjoy a flexible work schedule that is theirs to manage throughout the year in the way that allows them to meet client, company, and professional/personal goals. You will be required to diligently document how you spend your working hours. Our goal is to use the time we have available to be as effective as we can possibly be, ensuring that excellence in client service is unsurpassed.
- Professional Growth Opportunities – Joining a growing organization presents many opportunities to develop professionally and personally. Quarterly check-ins are required, and spontaneous check-ins can be requested by employees and managers. Annually, we ask each employee to update their professional and personal plans to identify how best we can support them. Simply stated, your success translates into our success and most importantly, to our clients’ success.
- Remote Work – Working remotely has its perks and can be challenging. Our team meets weekly to discuss business opportunities and the work at hand. We meet every other week for a virtual Socially (Distanced) gathering. We like celebrations and look forward to meeting face-to-face. Our employees are provided with technology, related equipment and access to all the resources we have available so that they can be as successful as possible in their virtual working experience.